Visit Inanda (‘Pleasant Place’ in isiZulu) a township approximately 30 km outside of Durban. An area rich in cultural heritage with a mix of urban and semi rural lifestyles. Learn about the iconic leaders and events that have shaped the area and influenced South Africa’s history.
- A visit to John Langalibalele Dube’s home, the school he founded and the place Nelson Mandela chose to cast his first democratic vote in 1994.
- The Phoenix Settlement, established by the world famous human rights activist, Mahatma Ghandi in 1904.
- The picturesque and peaceful grounds and museum of the Inanda Seminary for Girls. The first school of it’s kind for girls in southern Africa. Kindly note the school is closed on weekends and public holidays.
More about the tour
- Payment is to be made prior to departure.
- Vehicles are licensed and comprehensively insured.
- All prices are quoted in South African rands and are subject to change.
- Durban Home Tours will collect and return you to your central Durban accommodation.
- All tours are conducted in English. Foreign language guides can be arranged with prior notice.
- Durban Home Tours reserves the right to alter any tour due to unforseen circumstances and events.
- Amendments to the tour routes can be made with prior arrangements but may be subject to price changes.
- Unless stated otherwise, tours are subject to a mininum of two persons and availability of the tour operator.
- Durban Home Tours accepts no responsibility for death, injury or illness suffered by any person/s while on tour, or any loss, theft or damage to property arising from any incident or caused while on tour.
NB: Durban Home Tours is fully insured by South African Tourism Insurance Broker SATIB and all tours are operated by qualified and registered guides.
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.