You are invited to experience a memorable and exhilarating safari and finest cuisine at the oldest private game reserve in Zululand, Thula Thula. This 4500 ha, malaria free, family owned game reserve is home to a wide variety of game like elephant, buffalo, rhino, leopard, giraffe and birds.
The Zulu name Thula Thula literally means peace and tranquility and was the home of late bestselling author and conservationist: Lawrence Anthony. His second book, The Elephant Whisperer relates the story of the rescue of the Thula Thula elephants, and the special relationship he has created with the herd. His wife, Francoise Malby Anthony carries on the legacy of Lawrence with his conservation projects and running of the two lodges. Francoise wrote the sequel of the Elephant Whisperer, An Elephant in My Kitchen
More about the tour
- Payment is to be made prior to departure.
- Vehicles are licensed and comprehensively insured.
- All prices are quoted in South African rands and are subject to change.
- Durban Home Tours will collect and return you to your central Durban accommodation.
- All tours are conducted in English. Foreign language guides can be arranged with prior notice.
- Durban Home Tours reserves the right to alter any tour due to unforseen circumstances and events.
- Amendments to the tour routes can be made with prior arrangements but may be subject to price changes.
- Unless stated otherwise, tours are subject to a minimum of two persons and availability of the tour operator.
- Durban Home Tours accepts no responsibility for death, injury or illness suffered by any person/s while on tour, or any loss, theft or damage to property arising from any incident or caused while on tour.
NB: Durban Home Tours is fully insured by South African Tourism Insurance Broker SATIB and all tours are operated by qualified and registered guides.