We take a road trip approximately 160km north of Durban, to Shakaland. Experience some of the rich Zulu culture and customs at a traditional homestead and enjoy energetic Zulu dancing. We learn the history of the much revered, feared and powerful leader, King Shaka and the important role he played in unifying the Zulus into a proud nation.
- Insights into Zulu customs of traditional healers, beading, home-life, spear making and family structure.
- Zulu beer tasting.
- Energetic, traditional Zulu dance show.
More about the tour
- Payment is to be made prior to departure.
- Vehicles are licensed and comprehensively insured.
- All prices are quoted in South African rands and are subject to change.
- Durban Home Tours will collect and return you to your central Durban accommodation.
- All tours are conducted in English. Foreign language guides can be arranged with prior notice.
- Durban Home Tours reserves the right to alter any tour due to unforseen circumstances and events.
- Amendments to the tour routes can be made with prior arrangements but may be subject to price changes.
- Unless stated otherwise, tours are subject to a mininum of two persons and availability of the tour operator.
- Durban Home Tours accepts no responsibility for death, injury or illness suffered by any person/s while on tour, or any loss, theft or damage to property arising from any incident or caused while on tour.
NB: Durban Home Tours is fully insured by South African Tourism Insurance Broker SATIB and all tours are operated by qualified and registered guides.